Friday, September 27, 2013

Women's Fiction Writers Association

I am so thrilled that the Women's Fiction Writers Association has launched! What a wonderful new resource for those of us who write in this genre! I decided not to renew my membership with RWA after they dropped Women's Fiction from their list of sub-genres and as a category for their annual writing contest. I recognize that Women's Fiction doesn't quite fit into the Romance category, but, at the time, there wasn't a writer's association dedicated to the genre. I absolutely loved my local writers' association, GSRWA, but after leaving Seattle last year, I've been pretty out of the loop on fiction writing, focusing on other pressing projects and adjusting to my new home in New Orleans, LA. I'm looking forward to getting back in the loop and back to my writing!

No comments: